Thursday, July 14, 2005

The Quiet Hand

To those of you who write, read, and generally appreciate good poetry, you probably understand the quiet hand that I speak of. There is always something unseen that pulls me towards some destiny I can't see. My poetry is a way that I record the past, expresses the present, feel for the future, and understand how they all work together towards some madness I call my life.

Some of my poetry are also lyrics to songs I have written. A few of you purists may not like that, but I won't tell you which ones, so you won't know to judge them differently. I invite you to try and guess which ones they are.

I hope you enjoy what I write. The aspect of poetry I love is not necesarily self-expression, although that is a great part of it. In fact, the part I love most is the communication that poetry becomes. Hopefully my poety will not just be for me to understand. It is my greatest hope that something I say will make you smile, inspire you, stir you, and/or bind you to another human being in some way that makes us all feel more like one, than many. Although poetry is a very individual thing, it's greatest power lies in its ability to make us all more one.

You might just find something you like as much as I do. Let me know what you think. Enjoy.

Adam H. Clark

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home